Friday, July 18, 2014

Intro...

I love books and I'm a hopeless romantic. Growing up, I read anything I could get my hands on. I'm a sucker for a good story. I began writing poems at around age 12. That fell by the wayside during college but it was never far from my mind. I started reading romance/erotica and thought to myself "I can do this" (ambitious huh? ;) ). I chose to use my first "real" heartbreak (boo hoo) as a starting point and my first novel was born. Looking at it now, it's very basic and it needs a lot of work but I don't think it was bad for a first try. Since then, I've been writing both short stories and full length novels. A couple of things you'll always find in my stories - hot guys, music, and a few tattoos here and there. Oh, can't forget the romance...and the sex! :). My style of writing is simple. I want my stories to (more or less) sound like a woman/man talking to her/his friends. I want them to be relatable. Readers should be able to identify with not only the emotions but also the language.

I'm not a published writer but it's something I'm looking into, at least self-publishing. I've created this blog, to showcase some of my work and to seek honest opinions. I'll be posting some of my short stories and snippets from full length ones. I hope you enjoy and thanks in advance for your comments/critiques.

Happy reading!

P.S. You can also check out (and like) my Facebook page.



No comments:

Post a Comment